Dedication to successful relationships and the highest quality construction has been our focus since the company was founded by Gary and Diane Blocker in 1969. Initially a small owner/operator earthwork company, we have expanded our focus over the years to include mass earthwork, construction management of large multi-faceted site development projects, general contracting services on infrastructure projects, building excavation, remedial work, underground utility construction and marina construction. We have completed work on projects of virtually all types and sizes in the Northern Illinois market throughout the past five decades.
Although we have grown over the years, we still remain focused to the basic core value of providing the highest level of customer service at the best value for the client. G.A. Blocker is still a family owned and operated business and we continue to provide hands-on management of each project that we complete. This personal attention to each project allows us to respond to changing project conditions immediately so that we may avoid unnecessary delays which are costly in terms of both time and money. You will find that the project foreman that provide daily onsite supervision on our projects believe in the same core values and make sure that attention to detail is incorporated into the daily operations–from the largest project to the smallest.
In today’s competitive construction market, it takes a great deal of cooperation and understanding between all parties involved on a project. The goal of completing the project on time, under budget and profitable for all interested parties requires that everybody understands the needs of the others involved and works together to achieve successful project completion. Our team approach to our work ensures that you will achieve these goals. We offer preconstruction services to assist you with budgeting and value engineering in order to avoid unexpected costs and unnecessary delays. We monitor your project during construction to make sure that we complete our work in the most efficient manner possible while keeping in mind the needs of the other contractors involved. Upon completion, we continue to be part of the team, as we stand behind our work and our fifty years of experience tell you that we will be there in the future.
We dedicate our management team to each project we are involved with, including the corporate officers. On a daily basis, company ownership either visits each site or has a detailed project review with the onsite foreman to ensure that your project is receiving the highest level of attention possible.
Matthew G. Blocker, President
- Over 25 years of experience in infrastructure construction and development
- B.S. degree in accounting; minor in corporate finance
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience on various board of directors, industry organizations and advisory committees
Kevin C. Blocker, Vice-President of Field Operations
- Over 35 years of experience in infrastructure construction and development
- B.S. degree in civil engineering
- Vast experience in construction methods and sequences, including coordination of trade contractors of all types
- Extensive training in erosion and sediment control methods and practices
Bradley A. Blocker, Vice-President of Fleet Operations
- Over 35 years of experience in the construction industry
- Extensive training in all types of specialized construction equipment maintenance and repair
- Responsible for equipment purchases and sales; maintenance purchases; shop operations